What happens in a session?
Sessions are tailored to meet the needs of each individual and can be arranged on days and at times to suit you. Courses run during term-time and in the holidays.
Sessions need to be booked in advance and can be organised on a one-to-one or small group basis. We will help you to plan the length and number of sessions. We understand that everyone is different and we will do everything we can to accommodate your requirements.
There are lots of activities involving the horses, from approaching one in a field to grooming and leading. Other activities include painting, collage, 3D modelling or preparing food for yourself or the horses!
We liaise with schools, teachers and health professionals as necessary and provide written reports for you should you need them.
Will I get a qualification?
We can offer various levels of nationally recognised qualifications which are awarded by the Scottish Qualification Authority (SQA) and the Open College Network (OCN) through our accreditation with Equine Assisted Qualifications (EAQ):
- Developing confidence working with animals
- Developing confidence and self-awareness.
- Personal Achievement Award - caring for animals
- National Certificate in Personal and Vocational Skills Level 3
- National Certificate in Personal and Vocational Skills Level 4
- National Certificate in Rural Skills Level 4
- Personal Development: Self and Work
- Personal Development: Self Awareness
- Improving Own Learning and Performance
- Personal Development: Practical Abilities
EAQ is able to create individualised learning programmes tailored to learners’ needs, enabling those learners to achieve single units or work towards a national qualification and improve their opportunities for their future training or employment.
How to book
If you would like to attend a session, please contact Eileen Mathieson to discuss your needs. Together you can decide on the details such as objectives, timing, dates, number of sessions and any extra requirements.
For more information contact Eileen Mathieson:
Mobile: 07874 116537
Office: 01355 221809